A dark-roasted, full-bodied coffee with spicy and herbal notes and a deep, earthy aroma.
Earthy & Herbal
Enjoy this with:
Scones with fruit or jam to share.
- How to Brew
- The Starbucks Roast
Recipe for great coffee
- Use cold, filtered water and a clean machine.
- Grind beans just before brewing:
- Coarse for coffee press
- Medium for automatic drip
- Measure 10 g (2 tbsp) ground coffee for every 180 ml (6 fl oz) water.
To help preserve that fresh flavor, keep this bag sealed tight in a cabinet (not in the refrigerator) and brew within a week of opening.
Each coffee requires slightly different amounts of time and temperature during the roasting process to create a cup at its peak of aroma, acidity, body and flavor. We classify our coffees in three roast profiles so you can easily find your desired flavor and intensity.
- Blonde: Blonde-roasted coffees have a shorter roast time, lighter body and mellow flavors.
- Medium: Medium-roasted coffees are balanced with smooth and rich flavors.
- Dark: Dark-roasted coffees feature a fuller body and robust, bold flavors.
- Product Details
Like the Sumatran tiger, this coffee makes its presence known. It’s big and bold with distinctive earthy aroma and lingering low notes. The heavy, full body and concentrated herbal spice notes are hallmarks of great coffee from Sumatra and the pride of our most seasoned roasters.